Saturday, December 5, 2009

and so it begins

welcome to my thought experiment.
so after a few years studying wilderness survival with some of the best and also spending my time at www.wilderness-survival.net i have evolved once again as does the pheonix constantly being reborn.
i have always had the thought in the back of my mind about prepareing for the future, when i lived in arizona i always had in the back of my mind that if anything ever happened (ie shtf) although i had no name for it at the time, but i always knew i would make my way back to canada back to my childhood cottage (or camp if your from the north). so here i am back home and after studying wild edibles and wilderness survival it has morphed into something bigger.
Thanks to sourdough for turning me onto james wesley rawles at www.survivalblog.com i have learned much there and have just started reading patriots after going thru how to survive teowaki and alos just finnished and eye opening book called "one second after" by william r forstchen, honestly this book scares the crap out of me, i am not an original person which is why i read so much to learn things i could not ever even fathom, well this book does just that. also read the book "the road" by cormac mcarthy before it came out in the movies.
So you may ask where does this all leave me? well i stil love my wilderness survival and the wolfpack but my time and efforts will be spent preparing for what i beleive is the inevitable.
I truley hope it never happens and i do not need to use my skills, but much as i trained in martial arts to prepare myself physically against any threat, i would be a fool and frankly irresponsibly if i doubted any possibility of it happening.

so what is "IT' you may ask? well it... could be anything... you have read about it other places or heard about it from someone you know but you always say " nope not here couldn't happen to us in the states or canada" but i tell you just 14 days w/o electricity in many places and watch what happens to the civility and modern society.

So what to do and how to prepare? well thats what this blog and many others are all about lets live and learn together. i welcome you, those who have been freinds for a while and those of you that are new here. settle in, its goning to be quite the ride.

wareagle

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to Canada wareagle!!! i am looking forward to more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there wareagle! Are you still doing this? I'd love to hear more about the wild edibles! I live in Ottawa, and I too feel like 'something' will happen and I know that our 'escape route' will be to northern Ontario (have some family up there). Anyway, just letting you know that I'd love to hear more! :)

    ReplyDelete